Northern Ireland vs Norway – Northern Ireland will be hosting Norway in a Group C 2018 World Cup qualifier at Windsor Park in Belfast this Sunday, March 26th. Group C is currently led by undefeated Germany with 12 points with Northern Ireland in second place with seven. Azerbaijan also has seven points while the Czech Republic has five, Norway has three points and last-place San Marino has none.
Northern Ireland vs Norway – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Northern Ireland as the favorites to win the game at 13/10 with Norway 23/10 and a draw at 2/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Northern Ireland vs Norway – Head to Head:
- These two sides have kicked off against each other just seven times in the past with Norway winning six times and losing once. They’ve also outscored Northern Ireland 18-7. Their last meeting took place in February of 2012 with Norway winning 3-0 away.
Northern Ireland – A Closer Look:
Northern Ireland enters the game with two wins, three losses and a draw in their last six matches and is currently ranked number 35 in the world by FIFA. Northern Ireland is tied with Azerbaijan in Group C with seven points. They have two wins, a loss and a draw with eight goals for and just two against. The squad is currently managed by Michael O’Neill and should have gained some confidence from their showing at last year’s European Championships in France.
Northern Ireland opened their qualifying campaign with a 0-0 draw in the Czech Republic and then drilled San Marino 4-0 at home. Their next outing was a 2-0 loss in Germany and it was followed by a 4-0 whitewash over Azerbaijan. Their last match was a 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Croatia in an international encounter last November.
Norway – A Closer Look:
Norway enters the game with just one victory in their past six contests to go along with five losses. They’re currently ranked number 81 in the world by FIFA. The Norwegians are in fifth place in the six-team group with three points from a win and three defeats. They’ve scored five goals and allowed seven against. Norway started their campaign on the wrong foot with a 3-0 home loss to Germany and a 1-0 away defeat in Azerbaijan.
This was followed by their lone win, a 4-1 home victory over San Marino, but they were then beaten 2-1 in the Czech Republic. Manager Lars Lagerback will be looking for big games from the likes of striker Josh King, Adama Diomande, Omar Elabdellaoui, defender Havard Nordveit and midfielder Stefan Johansen. This is basically a must-win situation for the Norwegians.
Northern Ireland vs Norway – Takeaway:
Realistically, it looks like reigning World Cup champion Germany will win this group which leaves the rest of the teams fighting for second place and a playoff spot. Norway’s chances will be pretty slim if they lose this match, while Northern Ireland might still have a shot as long as they don’t lose.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.