Round five of CONCACAF 2018 World Cup qualifying resumes this Tuesday, March 28th at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez where Panama will be hosting the USA. Panama is coming off of a 1-0 loss in Trinidad & Tobago on Friday while the Americans thumped Honduras 6-0 at home. Mexico leads the six-team qualifying group with seven points out of a possible nine after three games while Costa Rica follows with six and Panama has four points. The USA, Trinidad & Tobago and Honduras all follow respectively with three points.
Panama vs USA – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists the USA as the favorites to win the game at 19/20 with Panama 29/10 and a draw at 12/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Panama vs USA – Head to Head:
- The Americans and Panamanians have met 17 times in the past with the USA winning 12, losing two and drawing the other three. They last met in July of 2015 in the U.S. in a Gold Cup match with Panama winning 3-2 in a penalty shootout after playing to a 1-1 draw. It’s Panama’s lone win in the last eight meetings to go along with a draw and six losses. However, they’re unbeaten in the last two with a win and draw. Panama has never reached a World Cup tournament as of yet.
- They were leading the USA 2-1 in the 90th minute in their final CONCACAF qualifying game for the 2014 World Cup and were set to enter a playoff game against New Zealand, but then collapsed as the Americans scored twice in injury time to win 3-2.Mexico then advanced to the playoff round against New Zealand. The top three teams in this year’s CONCACAF qualifying group will make the World Cup while the fourth-place squad makes a playoff and the fifth and sixth-place nations will be eliminated.
Panama – A Closer Look:
Panama enters the game with two wins, three losses and a draw in their past six matches and is currently ranked number 53 in the world by FIFA. They also have four wins, three losses and two draws in their last nine World Cup qualifiers. Panama’s 1-0 loss to Trinidad & Tobago saw the team slip to third place in the qualifying group with a win, draw and a loss while scoring just one goal and conceding only one. Panama has drawn their lone home outing 0-0 against Mexico.
USA – A Closer Look:
USA enters the game with three wins, two losses and two draws in their past seven games including two straight victories. They have five wins, three defeats and a draw in their past nine World Cup qualifying matches. The squad is currently ranked number 30 in the world by FIFA. The win 6-0 over Honduras resulted in the first three points of the group for the desperate American side and now they’re right back in the thick of things.
The USA now sits in fourth place in the group with a win and two losses with seven goals scored and six allowed. The USA was beaten 4-0 by Costa Rica in their lone away game. Clint Dempsey led the way for the Americans against Honduras in San Jose on Friday night with a hat trick with the other goals going to Sebastian Lletget, Christian Pulisic and skipper Michael Bradley. Veteran goalkeeper Tim Howard kept the clean sheet. The USA is now unbeaten in three games since Bruce Arena returned as manager to take over from the ousted Jurgen Klinsmann.
They drew Serbia 0-0 on January 29th, beat Jamaica 1-0 in Chattanooga, Tennessee on February 3rd and then downed Honduras on Friday. This is Arena’s second stint as the boss and his 73 wins are the most all-time for the men’s national team. Graham Zusi has replaced Fabian Johnson in the lineup while playmaking midfielder Sacha Kljestan was called up to replace the injured Bobby Wood. Defender Matt Besler was added to the 25-man squad and goaltender David Bingham replaces Brad Guzan.
Panama vs USA – Takeaway:
The Americans can leapfrog over Panama with a win on Tuesday and even their qualifying record at two wins and two losses. A draw would be disappointing for the Americans and a loss would be devastating.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.