There’s a huge showdown in the AFC North this Sunday, November 6th as Pittsburgh takes on their arch-rivals the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. Both teams enjoyed a bye last week which the Steelers looked forward to after losing their last two outings as well as starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger with an injury. Pittsburgh leads the division at 4-3 and Landry Jones will likely start again at quarterback again. The Ravens enter the weekend tied for second place with Cincinnati at 3-4 and have lost four straight.
Steelers vs Ravens – bet365 NFL Betting Line:
- Currently Off the Board – check back for updated lines!
Steelers vs Ravens Betting Trends:
- Season record: 4-3 SU, 4-3 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 1-2-2 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Baltimore
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Baltimore
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
- Season record: 3-4 SU, 2-5 ATS
- Current Streak: lost 4 straight games
- Baltimore is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Baltimore is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baltimore’s last 8 games at home
- Baltimore is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Baltimore is 2-11-1 ATS in its last 14 games at home
- Baltimore is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Baltimore is 3-4-2 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Baltimore is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Steelers – A Closer Look:
With two straight defeats to the Dolphins and Patriots, the Steelers will be anxious to get back on track against Baltimore. They were downed 27-16 by New England the last time out as they couldn’t control Tom Brady, who threw two touchdown passes and 222 yards. Brady owns the Steelers and is now 9-2 against them in his career. The Ravens will be just as tough since they’re ranked fourth in the league for total defense by conceding only 301.9 yards against per contest. It also looks like Roethlisberger will be out once again with his knee injury and replaced by Jones. He threw for 281 yards against New England by going 29 for 47 in passing. He also tosses a touchdown pass and was picked off once.
Jones will need some help from the likes of Le’Veon Bell, who has been playing well since returning to the lineup from his suspension. Bell has chipped in with 589 yards in his four games, which represents just over 38 per cent of the team’s 1,544 yards in those encounters. He’s racked up 245 yards receiving along with 344 yards on the ground. If he managed to play the entire 16-game season at the same pace he’d finish it with 2,356 yards. The Steelers are 1-2 both straight up and ATS this campaign.
Baltimore Ravens – A Closer Look:
It was also a timely bye week for Baltimore as they’ve lost four games in a row following their defeat to the Jets in week 7. They’re still just a game back of the Steelers though. Baltimore needs to start taking advantage of their third-down chances as they managed to convert only three 14 third-down opportunities in the loss to the Jets. Baltimore owns the second-worst ranking in the league when it comes to third-down conversions at just 32 per cent. Quarterback Joe Flacco will need to be more consistent and lift his passing accuracy level.
He went 25 for 44 against the Jets for 248 yards while being picked off twice. Flacco hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass in his last 11 quarters of action. The Baltimore running backs also need to up their game as the squad rushed for just 11 yards against New York. They’ll be facing a pretty good Steelers’ defensive line which gives up only 104.6 rushing yards per outing this season, which is the 12th-lowest in the league. The Ravens have done well against Pittsburgh on their home turf lately though with three straight wins. The Ravens are 1-2 both straight up and ATS in Baltimore this season.
Next up for both teams:
- Pittsburgh home to Dallas Sunday, November 13
- Baltimore home to Cleveland Thursday, November 10
by Ian S. Palmer
Click here to read our review of the bet365 online sportsbook.