Lambeau Field will host the NFC showdown between the visiting Seattle Seahawks and the Green Bay Packers this Sunday, December 11th. The Seahawks hammered Carolina a 40-7 in Seattle last weekend and remained on top of the NFC West with their 8-3-1 record. Green Bay was also victorious in week 13 as they downed the Houston Texans 21-13 at home. Green Bay currently sits in a second-place tie in the NFC North with the Minnesota Vikings at 6-6.
Seahawks vs Packers: bet365 NFL Betting Line:
- bet365 lists the Seahawks at -3 points at 1/1 with the Packers +3 points at 5/6, the over/under is 46.5 points with both at 10/11
Seahawks vs Packers Betting Trends:
- Season record: 8-3-1 straight up, 6-5-1 against the spread
- Seattle is 4-1 in their past five contests
- The total has been under in seven of Seattle’s past 10 road outings
- Seattle has gone 2-4-1 on their past seven road games
- Seattle is 2-5-2 against the spread in their past nine meetings with Green Bay
- The total has been over in four of Seattle’s past six games in Green Bay
- Seattle is 0-5 in their past five road encounters with Green Bay
- Seattle is 1-4-1 against the spread in their past six road trips to Green Bay
Green Bay Packers:
- Season record: 6-6 straight up and 5-6-1 against the spread
- The Packers are 2-4 in their past six games
- The total has been over in four of the Packers’ past six contests
- The total has been under in 10 of the Packers past 12 home games
- The Packers are 18-5 in their past 23 home games
- The Packers are 4-1-1 against the spread in their past six home games with Seattle
- The total has been over in four of the Packers’ past six home games with Seattle
- The Packers are 5-0 in their past five home meetings with Seattle
Seattle Seahawks – A Closer Look:
Thomas Rawls led the way in Seattle’s 40-7 home beat down over Carolina last week as he carried the ball 15 times for 106 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He seems to be healthy now and in top form. It was a much-needed performance from Rawls since Seattle averages a mediocre 20.4 points per game this campaign. Rawls will be facing a good Packers’ defense which allows only 92.9 yards on the ground each week. Quarterback Russell Wilson also had a fine outing against the Panthers with a touchdown and 277 yards in the air. He completed 26 of his 36 passing attempts and was also picked off once.
The Seattle defense will need to keep Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers under control the same way they did the Panthers’ Cam Newton last week. Newton and the rest of the Panthers’ offense could muster just 182 yards in the air last week. But Seattle’s defense will be without Earl Thomas as his career appears to be in jeopardy after suffering a serious leg injury last weekend.
Green Bay Packers – A Closer Look:
The Packers have started to turn things around after winning their second straight outing 21-13 at home over the Texans last week. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers passed for a pair of touchdowns and 209 yards in the game and by going 20 for 30. He’s been hot in November with a 100.1 quarterback rating for the month, which is his best monthly rating since last year. He’ll be facing a solid Seahawks’ defense this weekend and will need the backfield to give him a helping hand. It did fine against Houston with a touchdown and 109 yards.
The Green Bay receivers could prove to be a handful for the Seattle defense though they have a lot of talent in the corps with the likes of Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Randall Cobb. Nelson gained 118 yards last week and added a touchdown and Adams ranks second on the team when it comes to receiving yards with 793 along with eight receiving touchdowns. Green Bay has gone 3-0 against the spread in its last three encounters with the Seahawks at Lambeau Field.
Next up for both teams:
- Seattle is at home to the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday, December 15
- Green Bay is away to the Chicago Bears on Sunday, December 18
Click here to read our review of the bet365 online sportsbook.