The second El Clasico of the Spanish La Liga season is set to take place at the Bernabeu in Madrid this Sunday, April 23rd as Real Madrid will be hosting their arch rivals Barcelona. As usual, the two clubs are battling it out for the league title once again as Real Madrid enters the contest with a slim lead over second-place Barcelona. Real Madrid is coming off of a 3-2 away win over Sporting Gijon last Saturday and Barcelona downed Real Sociedad 3-2 at home the same day. For Real Madrid it was their 31st straight game of scoring at least a goal.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Real Madrid as the favorites to win the game at 11/10 with Barcelona 2/1 and a draw at 3/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona – Head to Head:
- The two teams have met 265 times in the past which includes 232 competitive contests and 33 friendlies. In competitive games, Real Madrid has 93 wins, 90 losses, and 49 draws. Overall, Barcelona has 109 wins, 97 losses, and 59 draws. They last met on December 3rd in Barcelona and played to a 1-1 draw. Each side has four wins, four losses and two draws in their past 10 meetings.
Real Madrid – A Closer Look:
Real Madrid enters the game on a nine-match undefeated streak and they haven’t lost at home in their past 16 outings. They’ve also scored in all their home matches this season. They sit on top of the standings with 75 points from 23 wins, six draws and two losses. They’ve scored 82 goals and allowed 33 against. Real’s lead over Barcelona is three points and they also have a game in hand on their rivals. Real is also 10 points ahead of cross-town rivals and third-place Atletico Madrid with a game in hand.
Real Madrid is unbeaten at home in league play this season with 12 wins and four draws while scoring 4 goals and allowing 15 against. They have six wins and a pair of draws in their past eight league outings with 22 goals for and 11 against. A win on Sunday will go a long way for Real Madrid as they hope to win the Spanish League for the first time in five seasons. Injury-wise, both Pepe and Raphael Varane are expected to miss the match.
Barcelona – A Closer Look:
Barcelona enters the weekend in second place in the standings, but just three points back of Real Madrid with Real also holding a game in hand. Barcelona has 72 points on the campaign from 22 wins, six draws and four defeats while scoring a league-high 91 goals and allowing 30 against. They’re also just seven points ahead of third-place Atletico Madrid.
Barcelona has 10 wins away from home this season along with three draws and three losses. They’ve scored 42 goals in those contests and allowed 18 against, but have lost two of their past four away matches. In their past eight league contests, Barcelona has six wins and two losses with 26 goals scored and 10 conceded. As far as injuries go, Javier Mascherano and Rafinha are both is doubtful and Aleix Vidal is on the shelf for the rest of the season.
Real Madrid vs Barcelona – Takeaway:
- This is the El Clasico, so expect the unexpected. We’ve got the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale for Real Madrid taking on Barcelona’s Luis Suarez, Neymar and Lionel Messi. However, Barcelona’s title hopes might fly out the window with a loss here.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.