The Los Angeles Rams will be making the trip down to Louisiana this Sunday, November 27th to battle it out with the New Orleans Saints at the Superdome. The Rams were beaten at home 14-10 by the Miami Dolphins last week and are sitting in third position in the NFC West with their 4-6 record. Meanwhile, the Saints are also 4-6 on the year after falling 23-20 in Carolina to the Panthers last Thursday. The Saints and Panthers are now tied for third spot in the NFC South following that game.
Rams vs Saints: bet365 NFL Betting Line:
- bet365 lists the Saints at -7 points at 5/6 with the Rams +7 points at 1/1, the over/under is 46 points with both at 10/11
Rams vs Saints Betting Trends:
Los Angeles Rams:
- Season record: 4-6 SU, 4-5-1 ATS
- Los Angeles is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Los Angeles is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Los Angeles’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Los Angeles’s last 11 games on the road
- Los Angeles is 8-16 SU in its last 24 games on the road
- Los Angeles is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing New Orleans
- Los Angeles is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
New Orleans Saints:
- Season record: 4-6 SU, 6-3-1 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New Orleans’s last 5 games
- New Orleans is 5-1-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- New Orleans is 6-11-1 ATS in its last 18 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of New Orleans’s last 10 games at home
- New Orleans is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games at home
- New Orleans is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Los Angeles
- New Orleans is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Los Angeles
- New Orleans is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
- New Orleans is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
Los Angeles Rams – A Closer Look:
Quarterback Jared Goff started his first career NFL game against Miami last week and didn’t look too comfortable in the 14-10 home
defeat. Goff completed 17 of his 31 pass attempts for only 134 yards, but the Rams’ defense helped him out by keeping the score down. Miami didn’t score a touchdown until the last half of the fourth quarter, but they then scored a pair of scores late in the game for the win. The Rams’ lone touchdown came courtesy of Todd Gurley in the first quarter. Goff didn’t try any deep passes in his first outing, but that should change against the Saints.
The Rams score only 14.9 points per week on average, which is the lowest in the league. However, the New Orleans’ defense gives up 28.6 points per game on average to rank third worst and it also allows the fifth-most total yards at 382.8 per outing. Goff should be looking to pass to the Rams’ top two receivers Brian Quick and Kenny Britt as Britt leads the team with 693 receiving yards followed by Quick’s 421. They each have three touchdowns as well. The Rams are 3-2 both straight up and ATS on their past five road trips.
New Orleans Saints – A Closer Look:
Saints’ quarterback did all he could to help his team comeback against Carolina last Thursday, but fell just short in their 23-20 loss. Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the final quarter to Coby Fleener and Brandon Coleman, but the Saints couldn’t tie the game with a field goal. Brees was also picked off once in the game and ended it with 285 yards in the air. He’s thrown four interceptions in his last three outings and the special teams haven’t played up to par lately.
New Orleans is just 2-3 straight up and ATS in their past five home encounters and will be trying to avoid their third straight loss overall. It won’t be easy though since the Los Angeles defense has been solid so far this season. The Rams are conceding just 18.7 points per game on average this campaign and give up only 318.3 yards in total per week. New Orleans could also be without Mark Ingram, their top rusher, as he suffered a possible concussion against Carolina last week.
Next up for both teams:
- New Orleans is at home to Detroit on Sunday, December 4th
- Los Angeles is away to New England on Sunday, December 4th
by Ian S. Palmer
Click here to read our review of the bet365 online sportsbook.