bet365 face their biggest ever sports betting payout if Conor McGregor beats Floyd Mayweather on August 26th.
The event has attracted enormous betting interest from all corners of the globe and the whole world will be watching on Saturday as Floyd Mayweather attempts to make it 50-0 against UFC star Conor McGregor. The Irishman will be hoping to cause one of the biggest upsets in boxing history by beating Mayweather where countless others have failed in his very first professional boxing match.
Mayweather vs McGregor Odds Online – bet365 Boxing Odds:
Mayweather is the red hot favorite to win the match at 2/7 (1.28) with bet365, whilst Conor McGregor has been backed into 11/4 (3.75) after a flurry of bets came in favor of the MMA fighter. Those looking for a bit more value may look to the Exact Method of Victory market, with Mayweather to win by Unanimous Decision priced at 5/2 (3.50), and Mayweather to win by Knockout priced 3/1 (4.00).
Floyd Mayweather Odds
- Floyd Mayweather by Unanimous Decision – 5/2
- Floyd Mayweather by Split Decision – 33/1
- Floyd Mayweather by TKO – 15/8
- Floyd Mayweather by Knockout – 3/1
- Floyd Mayweather by Disqualified Opponent – 12/1
- Floyd Mayweather by Majority Decision – 35/1
- Floyd Mayweather by Technical Decision – 66/1
Conor McGregor Odds
- Conor McGregor by Unanimous Decision – 80/1
- Conor McGregor by Split Decision – 66/1
- Conor McGregor by TKO – 8/1
- Conor McGregor by Knockout – 6/1
- Conor McGregor by Disqualified Opponent – 66/1
- Conor McGregor by Majority Decision – 66/1
- Conor McGregor by Technical Decision – 80/1
- Draw – 40/1
Mayweather vs McGregor Odds Online – Preview the Big Fight:
Mayweather is known as one of the greatest of all time having gone unbeaten in 49 career fights. In fact, he will be trying to break Rocky Marciano’s all-time record of 49-0 with a win vs McGregor. Mayweather is an amazing defensive fighter and one of the best at setting traps for his opponents and then hitting them with vicious accuracy. The doubts around Mayweather stem largely from his age – at 40 years old there are question marks over whether he can go the distance if necessary. Furthermore, knocking out Conor McGregor will be no simple task given that he is used to receiving blows from opponent’s feet, knees, elbows and 4lb gloves.
All that said, if Conor McGregor has any chance of winning, he will need to chase Floyd around the ring right from the first bell, and he’ll need to land powerful, accurate punches (not kicks) to have any chance of knocking Floyd Mayweather out. The Irish fighter has youth and toughness on his side, but whether or not that will be enough to better Mayweather’s lifetime of experience remains to be seen. If the two fighters were meeting in the Octagon, things would be a very different story, but outside of his own code, the Irishman is likely to struggle and won’t be able to act on instinct alone.
In beating Mayweather, The Notorious would succeed where the likes of Manny Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto and Ricky Hatton failed, and to ask that of a fighter who only rose to prominence in 2013, in a completely different discipline, could prove too much.
bet365’s Steve Freeth said “We lost over £1m when outsiders Bellew and Fury beat Haye and Klitschko respectively but we’re already well past those figures with a week to go until the bout in Las Vegas.”
“McGregor is no longer the 9/1 longshot he was when we opened the market with an early victory for the Irishman already touching liabilities of several million pounds.”
More bet365 Features:
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.