Two of the world’s top soccer powers will be meeting this Wednesday, March 22nd when Germany hosts their old enemy England at Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund. This is a tune-up match for their World Cup qualifying games on the weekend. Germany drew Italy 0-0 away in their last international outing in November while England blew a late lead and drew 2-2 at home with Spain.
Germany vs England – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Germany as the favorites to win the game at 3/4 with England 7/2 and a draw at 11/4
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Germany vs England – Head to Head:
These nations last met in March of 2016 in Germany with England erasing a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2. Germany hasn’t lost twice in a row to England since England beat them seven straight times from 1935 to 1966. Germany has lost three consecutive home contests to England. However, England hasn’t kept a clean sheet against Germany in the last seven meetings. These two teams have met 30 times in the past with Germany winning 14, losing 13 and drawing the other three. Each team has four wins and four losses in the last eight meetings. England has just five wins in the past 15 games though with 10 defeats. The teams have drawn just once in the past 16 meetings.
Germany – A Closer Look:
Germany enters the game unbeaten in their past six contests with five wins and a draw and is currently ranked number three in the world by FIFA. Germany, the reigning World Cup champions, hasn’t allowed a goal against in those six games. This is a tune-up contest for their World Cup qualifying encounter in Azerbaijan on Sunday. It looks like manager Joachim Loew will be without injured midfielder Mesut Ozil for this match as well as midfielder Ilkay Gundogan.
In addition, goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has been ruled out and replaced by Kevin Trapp of Paris Saint Germain. This will be Trapp’s debut for his homeland. Germany has lost just once before in Dortmund when Italy beat them there in the 2006 World Cup. They’ve won 15 and drawn the other two games in the city. Germany has been a tough nut to crack lately as the team hasn’t allowed a goal against in the past 558 minutes, which is just over six games.
England – A Closer Look:
England enters the game with three wins, two draws and a loss in their past six games and is currently ranked number 14 in the world by FIFA. England has kept four clean sheets in their past six games. Manager Gareth Southgate will be without several players due to injury such as winger Michail Antonio along with forwards Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane and Daniel Sturridge. They’ll probably me without all of those players when they meet Lithuania at home at Wembley in their World Cup qualifier on Sunday too.
England has been pretty good on the road lately with just one defeat in their past 16 matches. They’ve won nine and drawn the other six encounters. Their lone loss during that stretch was in Spain in November of 2015. England has called up striker Jermain Defoe of last-place English Premier League side Sunderland for his first game for the Three Lions since November of 2013. Defoe has scored 14 of Sunderland’s 24 goals this season.
Germany vs England – Takeaway:
This matchup is usually always entertaining as both countries hate to lose to each other. It’s also an important tune-up for their World Cup qualifiers on Sunday, so it should be a clean contest.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.