Gennady Golovkin (aka “GGG”) meets Canelo Alvarez September 16, 2017 in the career-defining fight he’s been waiting for his whole career. Golovkin, the most dominant middleweight of the last 20 years, is certainly one of the best boxers of his generation, having defended his middleweight title 18 times over the past seven years. This fight is being billed as the super fight his resume has been lacking, as many opponents have avoided climbing into the ring against him over the span of his career.
Canelo Alvarez is moving up in weight to fight GGG, and there are doubts that he will have enough in the tank to overcome Golovkin. It’s not a common thing for a fighter to move up in weight to take on a unified champion after all. Canelo is typically a good counter boxer who will fight in bursts and then take a break to recover his stamina. GGG, on the other hand, is an aggressive fighter who will do little to avoid taking hits if he can land a few of his own. He is relentless, with a monstrous chin and the will and stamina to fight for three full minutes at a time without stopping.
Golovkin vs Alvarez Odds Online – bet365 Boxing Odds:
Given Golovkin’s proclivity for knockouts, many are predicting that he could win by KO, TKO or Disqualification, priced 13/10 (2.30) at bet365, whilst those who think Canelo can go the distance and overcome GGG on points can back him to win by Decision or Technical Decision at 2/1 (3.00).
Golovkin vs Alvarez Odds – Fight Outcome
- Golovkin by KO, TKO or DQ – 13/10
- Alvarez by KO, TKO or DQ – 15/2
- Golovkin by Decision or Technical Decision – 7/2
- Alvarez by Decision or Technical Decision – 2/1
- Draw or Technical Draw – 20/1
There’s also been intense speculation in the build-up to the fight on how long the match will go on for. There’s no doubt it’s a match that may well go the distance, but Golovkin to win in rounds 7 – 9 is priced at 5/1 (6.00), whilst those who fancy Canelo to defy all expectations and triumph in rounds 10 – 12 can back him to do so at 33/1 (34.00).
Golovkin vs Alvarez Odds – Round Group Betting
- Golovkin to win in rounds 1-3 – 12/1
- Golovkin to win in rounds 4-6 – 6/1
- Golovkin to win in rounds 7-9 – 5/1
- Golovkin to win in rounds 10-12 – 15/2
- Alvarez to win in rounds 1-3 – 33/1
- Alvarez to win in rounds 4-6 – 20/1
- Alvarez to win in rounds 7-9 – 20/1
- Alvarez to win in rounds 10-12 – 33/1
Golovkin vs Alvarez Odds – Takeaway
Regardless of the outcome, Golovkin vs Alvarez is almost certainly going to be the best boxing match of 2017, and there’s no place better to wager on the action than bet365, with a fantastic open account offer available to new customers. Simply deposit £10 or more and you will qualify for a 100% matched amount as a bonus to bet with, up to a maximum of £200. T&Cs apply.
More bet365 Features:
- Full review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.