The New York Giants were obviously slowed down quite a bit by the Minnesota Vikings last time out, and now they go back on the national stage against an opponent that is well-rested. The Green Bay Packers had a bye week, which allow them to healed up a little, and they will play host to the Giants on Sunday night at 8:30 PM ET at Lambeau Field. This, obviously, is the nationally-televised game by NBC, and while VietBet customers are watching it, they can place wagers on it, challenging the NFL betting odds in real time through the magic of Live Betting Ultra.
Giants vs Packers – NFL Betting Line:
In the Sunday night football betting odds that have been posted on this game by the people at VietBet, the Packers are the favorites:
New York Giants +7 (+100)
Green Bay Packers -7 (-120)
Over 48 points -110
Under 48 points -110
Join Vietbet NOW for online Giants vs Packers Odds! Enter promo code VIET35 good for a 35% Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
Giants vs Packers Betting Trends:
New York Giants:
- Season record: 2-2 SU, 0-3-1 ATS
- The Giants are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games
- The Giants are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Giants are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the NY Giants last 7 games when playing Green Bay
- The Giants are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing Green Bay
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the NY Giants last 6 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
Green Bay Packers:
- Season record: 2-1 SU, 1-2 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Green Bay’s last 18 games
- Green Bay is 15-3 SU in its last 18 games at home
- Green Bay is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Green Bay’s last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 7 games when playing NY Giants
- Green Bay is 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing NY Giants
- Green Bay is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing NY Giants
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 6 games when playing at home against NY Giants
Giants vs Packers – CJ’s Take:
The Giants, of course, lost their game against the Minnesota Vikings on Monday, managing only ten points in the two-touchdown defeat. Certainly their defense is better than it was last year, but they still have not registered an interception. And that might not be a great place to be against Aaron Rodgers, who, you get the feeling, has yet to show his best stuff.
Green Bay lost to Minnesota as well, and they let the Detroit Lions back in the game after leading by a 31-10 margin at the half (final was 34-27). Rodgers threw for four touchdowns in the first half before sputtering a little. But getting 100 yards receiving out of Jordy Nelson was great news.
The Giants had all kinds of problems with injuries in their secondary, and it is not likely that all of them are going to be resolved well before game time. Missing from Monday night’s action was Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, Eli Apple, Darian Thompson and Nat Mehre, and while they may have been able to stay afloat for a while against Sam Bradford, Rodgers is a lot more dangerous as a passer.
The Packers have their own injury issues, especially on the defensive side. Sam Shields has to be cleared to come back from his concussion, and the availability of this cornerback is a key, especially going up against Eli Manning and a formidable trio of receivers. Clay Matthews, the All-Pro linebacker, should be able to come back after missing the game against Detroit. Other defensive starters, like linebacker Datone Jones and safety Morgan Burnett might be able to come back for them as well.
One thing VietBet patrons have to be impressed by is the way the Packers have defended the run. They have allowed only 1.8 yards per carry on the season, and pounding the football is not seen as one of the Giants’ strengths right now. There is a possibility that Rahad Jennings, the #1 back, will return from his thumb injury, but losing Shane Vereen for the season was a big blow, because this is not a deep crew in the backfield.
Green Bay has converted 48.6% of its third-down opportunities, and that is third-best in the league right now. But they are on the short end of possession time, overall yardage and first downs.
The Giants have not yet forced a turnover, and it is quite possible that they will have to flip the field if they are going to be able to hang in there with a Green Bay team that should steadily improve on the offensive end.
Next up for both teams:
- The New York Giants are home to Baltimore Sunday, October 16th
- The Packer are home to Dallas Sunday, October 16
If you’re looking for a lot of extras that will help you in your sports betting experience, look no further than Vietbet, where you can enjoy reduced juice wagering on the NFL, in addition to the liveliest in-game betting available anywhere…… Also, keep in mind that they keep a lot of options open when it comes to making your deposits or replenishing your account, especially when you consider you can do it with a Visa card, person-to-person transfers or the virtual currency of Bitcoin!
Click here to read our review of the Vietbet online sportsbook.
By Charles Jay