The English FA Cup quarterfinals wrap up on Monday, March 13th with the biggest game of the final eight when Chelsea hosts fellow Premier League giants Manchester United at Stamford Bridge in London. Chelsea is coming off of a 2-1 away win in a London derby on Monday in league action when they edged West Ham United 2-1. Meanwhile, Manchester United traveled to Russia to face FC Rostov in a Europa League contest on Thursday and came away with a 1-1 draw.
Chelsea vs Manchester United – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as the favorites to win the game 4/5 with Man United 18/5 and a draw at 13/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Chelsea vs Manchester United – Head to Head:
These two clubs met in league action in October with Chelsea winning 4-0 at home. They drew both league encounters last season by playing to a 0-0 draw in Manchester and a 1-1 tie in London. Man United is winless in the last 11 meetings with six losses and five draws. United’s last win was a 3-2 away win in October of 2012 in a league contest. United has five wins in the last 17 games along with six draws and six losses. Overall, these teams have met 175 times in the past with Man United winning 75, losing 51 and drawing the other 49.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea is still on top of the Premier League with 66 points from 21 wins, three draws and three losses with 57 goals for and 20 against. The Blues have one of the best away home in the league this season with 12 wins and a loss while scoring 36 goals and allowing eight against. They have seven wins in their past 10 league outings along with two draws and a loss with 22 goals for and nine against.
Chelsea leads second-place Tottenham Hotspur and third-place Manchester City by 10 points and has a 14-point lead over fourth-place Liverpool. They’re also 16 points in front of fifth-place Arsenal and have a 17-point lead on sixth-place Manchester United. However, both Arsenal and Man United have a game in hand on the leaders. The Blues are now unbeaten in their past 10 games in all competitions and have lost just twice overall since October 26th.
As far as injuries go, manager Antonio Conte has been quite fortunate this season. He has a healthy squad to choose from on Monday as there’s currently nobody named on the club’s injury list. Chelsea beat League One club Peterborough United 4-1 at home in the third round of the FA Cup and downed Championship League team Brentford 4-0 at home in the fourth round. They then beat Championship League side Wolverhampton 2-0 away in the fifth round. Chelsea has appeared in 11 FA Cup Finals with seven victories to their name. Their last win was in 20111/12 when they edged Liverpool 2-1.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is unbeaten in their past 17 Premier League matches with nine wins and eight draws. They’re in sixth spot in the league after 27 matches with 49 points from 13 wins, 10 draws and three defeats. They’ve scored 39 goals and allowed 22 against. United has been beaten just once in their last 27 games in all competitions with 23 victories wins in the past 37.
United has seven wins, three draws and two defeats away from Old Trafford in Premier League action this season with 19 goals scored and 12 conceded. United is 17 points behind league-leading Chelsea and just three adrift of fourth-place Liverpool with a game in hand on both of them. United is reigning FA Cup champion following their 2-1 win over Crystal Palace in extra time in last season’s final at Wembley. However, they enter this game without the services of top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic and his 25 goals as he’s out with a suspension.
Man United downed Championship League side Reading 4-0 at home in the third round of this year’s FA Cup campaign and then beat Championship League side Wigan 4-0 at home in the fourth round. They then reached the final eight by edging Championship League club Blackburn Rovers 2-1 away in a local derby. United shares the record with Arsenal for most FA Cup Final triumphs with 12 each and for most appearances with 19 each. Their last appearance and win came was their victory over Crystal Palace last season.
Chelsea vs Manchester United – Takeaway
This is a huge match for both teams as they’d both like to take home the FA Cup this season especially with United already winning the League Cup and being FA Cup holders.
Why Choose bet365?
- Review the bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.