The Miami Dolphins are at home at Hard Rock Stadium for a second straight Sunday as they host the red-hot Buffalo Bills in a huge AFC East showdown this Sunday, October 23rd. The Bills drilled the San Francisco 49ers at home by a score of 45-16 last week while Miami upset the Pittsburgh Steelers 30-15. The Bills are on a four-game winning streak and their 4-2 record places them second in the AFC East. Miami is in third position in the division at 2-4.
Bills vs Dolphins – 5Dimes NFL Betting Line:
- 5Dimes lists the Bills at -2.5 points at 1.800 with the Dolphins +2.5 points at 2.050, the over/under is 43.5 points with both listed at 1.909
- MONEY LINE: the Bills are favored outright at 1.645 with the Dolphins 2.35
Bills vs Dolphins Betting Trends:
- Season record: 4-2 SU, 4-2 ATS
- Current Streak: won 4 straight games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Buffalo’s last 5 games
- The Bills are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The Bills are 2-4-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- The Bills are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Buffalo’s last 12 games when playing Miami
- The Bills are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Buffalo’s last 10 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Season record: 2-4 SU, 2-4 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami’s last 9 games
- The Dolphins are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games
- The Dolphins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Dolphins are 3-11 ATS in their last 14 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Miami’s last 12 games when playing Buffalo
- The Dolphins are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing Buffalo
- The Dolphins are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Buffalo
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Miami’s last 10 games when playing at home against Buffalo
Buffalo Bills – A Closer Look:
After starting the season at 0-2, the Bills have won four straight and have averaged 31 points an outing over their past five games. The Bills have been on fire even though quarterback Tyrod Taylor hasn’t been at his best during the streak. He’s thrown five touchdown passes over the past four games along with an interception and has a pass completion rate of 62 per cent. He’s also gained 167 yards on average per contest. However, he’s still doing everything head coach Rex Ryan is asking of him.
Running back LeSean McCoy has been leading the offense during the winning streak by averaging 6.4 yards a carry and 117 running yards per game. He’s also chipped in with half a dozen touchdowns with one rushing score and five receiving TDs. The Bills have been good at pressuring the opposing quarterbacks with an average of four sacks and five pass deflections per game along with six hits on the quarterback. The bills have conceded just 13.2 points per game during their recent hot stretch. They’ll be facing a Miami offensive line that struggles when trying to protect their quarterback as they’ve allowed far too many sacks in the past three campaigns.
Miami Dolphins – A Closer Look:
The Dolphins surprised a lot of people last week by doubling the Steelers on the scoreboard 30-15. Mind you, Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger tore his left meniscus in the game and had to leave the field. Quarterback Ryan Tannehill looked good by completing 75 per cent of his passes at 24 for 32. Second-year running back Jay Ajayi had the best game in the league this season as he ran for 204 yards. This was also the most rushing yards by a player against Pittsburgh since Mike Tomlin took over as head coach in 2007.
The Miami defense also did a fine job as it contained Le’Veon Bell to just 53 rushing yards. It’s going to be tough for Miami to come up with two gems in a row though as they’ll be facing a Buffalo offense that’s firing on all cylinders. The Dolphins have allowed 147 yards on the ground per game along with 240 yards in the air and 22.3 points against. Miami is just 5-5 at home in their past 10 contests and is 3-7 ATS in that stretch.
- The Bills host the Patriots Sunday, October 30th
- The Dolphins host the Jets Sunday, November 6th
Click here to read our review of the 5Dimes online sportsbook.